Any health center requires teamwork to be able to offer quality care to patients. Alongside the doctors are the nursing staff, and both are just as important. Although the truth is that to be able to reach the professional field first requires a strong preparation. That is why enrolling for a nursing course is essential if you want to get the much-needed knowledge to help you become a better nurse.
There are many universities or institutions of higher learning where you can enroll for a nursing course. It is a vast field, and you can specialize in several areas. Identify where your interests lie to choose an institution offering the best nursing course. The UK is one place with the best higher learning institutions to enroll for your nursing degree. Here are the top best universities for a nursing degree in the UK.
1. University of Glasgow
Glasgow University is among the top-ranked universities in the UK offering nursing degrees. Their degrees focus on research and theoretical learning. The nursing programs available in this particular university include:
- Master of Advanced Practice in Health Care
- Continuation of Professional Development
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honors)
- Leadership, Improvement, and Transformation of Care (Pg Certificate – Blend)
- Health & Social Care Chaplaincy (Pg Certificate)
There is also a group of research nurses within the university where the staff and graduate students can carry out some research on interesting topics.
2. Keele University
Keele University School of Nursing and Midwifery offers some accredited and known nursing programs. The university boasts of a low student to teacher ratio, which is vital in ensuring you get the much-needed attention during your theoretical studies and practical learning. You will also enjoy the state of the art facilities and the best study environment, vital for a quality learning experience.
The following are some of the nursing courses you can take at the undergraduate level:
- BSc Nursing for Learning Disabilities
- BSc Nursing for Adults
- BSc Nursing for Mental Health
- BSc Nursing for Children
The graduate-level offers the following programs:
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc Nursing for Adults
- Graduate Certificate, Critical Care Practice
- Graduate Certificate, Advanced Practice in Computed Tomographic Colonography
- Graduate Certificate, Advanced Critical Care Critical Practice
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice
- Nursing Clerk Postgraduate Diploma, Community Nursing Specialist
3. King’s College London
King’s College London is one of the oldest and highly reputable universities in the region. The college hosts the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery. This is the first nursing school in the world that is continuously linked to a fully operational hospital and medical school. It is also referred to as the spiritual nursing home by many. You will get all the training and theory required in this field, which can help you secure placements in some top London hospitals that are also recognized globally.
4. Huddersfield University
Huddersfield University, Department of Nursing, and Midwifery has the best professionals offering optimal tutoring, learning facilities, and the best practice sessions. This will leave you equipped with all the intellectual and practical skills to serve in different medical facilities.
Some of the undergraduate courses offered at the university include:
- Nursing (Learning Disability) BSc (Hons)
- Midwifery Studies BSc (Hons)
- Nursing (Adults) BSc (Hons)
- Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons)
- Nursing (Infant) BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate study programs you will get include:
- Master of Health Studies (Taught)
- Public Health, Ph.D. (Research)
- Public Health, Master of Health Sciences, Master of Research (Research)
- Master of Podiatry (Taught)
- Master of Advanced Clinical Practice (Taught)
- Theory of Podiatric Surgery (Taught)
- Master of Health Services Research (Taught)
- Social Work and Social Policy, Master of Research (Research)
- Nursing and Midwifery Ph.D. (Research)
- Nursing and Midwifery, Master of Research (Research)
- Social Work and Social Policy, Ph.D. (Research)
- Applied Health Sciences Ph.D. (Research)
The university has three research centers for those who wish to further their academic career in nursing. The following are some of the three research centers to use in the university.
- Center for Applied Research in Childhood, Youth and Family
- Center for Applied Health Research
- Institute for Skin Integrity and Infection Prevention
5. University of Nottingham
The quality of education offered at the School of Health Sciences at Nottingham University will determine the path you take as a nurse. The university provides different theoretical and practical courses that serve as ideal preparation for different challenges you are likely to face as a nurse when employed.
The university’s faculty of medicine and health offers three graduate and undergraduate programs. They include:
- BSc Nursing – Mental Health
- BSc Nursing – Adult
- BSc Nursing – Child
- College Entrance Nursing – Mental Health
- Graduate Entry Nursing – Adult
- College Entrance Nursing – Child
Undergraduate courses can go up to 3 years when you take full studies while postgraduate courses take up to 2 years of full-time practice.
6. University of Leeds
Nursing courses at Leeds University fall under the list of study programs offered by the Faculty of Health and Medicine. The primary goal is to boost student knowledge and working skills. This will ensure they have what it takes to serve as nurses in different healthcare settings. It also improves their study experience. The following are some degree programs in nursing offered at the University of Leeds.
- BSc Nursing (Mental Health)
- BSc Nursing (Children)
- BSc Nursing (Adults)
7. Sunderland University
You will enjoy flexible study programs in nursing at the University of Sunderland, making it easy for you to choose from a wide range of study modules. The three programs offered at the undergraduate level in this particular university include:
- BSc Adult Nursing Practice
- Mental Health Nursing Practice
- BSc Learning Disability Nursing Practice
For postgraduate programs, it will mostly include internships that help enhance your skills to prepare you for the difficult work environment. The University of Sunderland holds strong ties to many important healthcare settings, made up of top hospitals and facilities. This makes it easy for you to have your practice sessions.
8. University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh School of Health Sciences is one of the best places to go for your nursing course. It offers a wide range of programs, both undergraduate and postgraduate. The Bachelor of Nursing undergraduate program will help you acquire recognition as a highly qualified nursing practitioner. If you are an ambitious nurse, you can further your studies in the same institution because several postgraduate programs are offered.
9. Liverpool University
The School of Health Sciences in this particular institution offers both undergraduate and postgraduate study programs to nursing students. Courses offered equip students with skills and knowledge to help them deal with all the challenges that come with being a nurse. Practical sessions in a real nursing setup are part of the learning process. You may be required to work abroad as a nurse, which is part of the program. A lot of opportunities will come your way afterward.
10. University of Birmingham
At Birmingham University, your nursing course will major in psychological, biological, and social sciences during the first year. The second year will focus on clinical modules that are related to your area of practice. The third year will focus on all the academic, clinical, and managerial skills that help you work as an effective practitioner. You will enjoy quality education from the University of Birmingham.